Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A Call From You

Regulars will know how much I love colour challenges - well, just colour in general, really. The latest challenge combo at Color Hues didn't spark any ideas until yesterday, when I spent a happy hour or so playing with dies and inks. 


I'm sure after last year and not being able to be with our loved ones in person, you'll all understand the joy that comes from something as simple as a phone call. Certainly WhatsApp voice and video calls were a godsend to me, with all the members of my family scattered far and wide around the globe.

So, in honour of that simple pleasure, here's my card. 


Materials used:
  • card - basic grey, whisper white, watercolour, smoky slate
  • distress oxide inks - squeezed lemonade, mustard seed
  • dies - Vintage Telephone (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle
  • other - Ray of Light stencil (MFT), Dimensionals, craft foam, blending brush, sponge dauber, pencil, heat tool, computer and printer

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun card! I'd have loved a yellow phone when I was growing up, and the sentiment is so perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Rob I said...

wow, doesnt your card bring back memories. Wish phones in the good old days were bright and colourful. Must admit I do prefer mobiles, better than having to sit in one spot for the phone call. TFS

Nancy said...

Kerry, This card really got my attention this morning at Color Hues! I love how you incorporated the sunrays into your design. It couldn't have matched the greeting any better. I'm glad you had a chance to pull something together for our challenge at Color Hues and we hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Love your take on the colors and the fun phone! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!