Monday, April 26, 2021

Santa's Little Helper

Oh my goodness, the folks over at Just Add Ink unleashed a beast when they chose their theme this week!

It was the perfect reminder that I've been wanting to make a number of scenes for Christmas decor this year (which, as you can appreciate, is not something that happens overnight, lol). My thinking cap went on, I assessed what I had on hand, quickly raced out and bought some Xmas trees the right size and before you can say 'Ho, Ho, Ho', I was happy to be back in Christmas mode. And oh what fun it was!

Here's my effort:

And here it is lit up:



Soooo cute, am I right? You can colour the trees, which I've done before, but this tone suited my background paper so much I left it au natural. I did three layers of the little elf to make it sturdier and it's propped up on dimensionals as well. The lights are attached on the back and I drilled a hole through so I could wind them around the tree, cutting off unneeded excess. I wanted it to have a slight retro vibe so kept with colours that made me think of *cough* decades gone by. Lastly I attached some co-ordinating paper around the outside front of the frame.

Materials used:

  • card - basic black, 
  • paper - Graphic 45's The Night Before Christmas Collection
  • distress oxide inks - vintage photo, 
  • other - Woodland half tree (Tim Holtz), Tiny Lights (Tim Holtz), Dimensionals, Big Shot, Santa's Little Helper die set (Tim Holtz), distress collage medium

The little elf looks cute in colours too (see sample below) but it didn't stand out enough against my very busy background, hence the silhouette look. 


Have I put you in a festive mood? Started you agonising about Christmas already? Soz, not soz!!! LOL.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Absolutely awesome, love the elf silhouette and the lights in the tree. This will be a great addition to your Christmas decorations in December. TFS