Friday, April 23, 2021

Secret Project

For some time recently I was working on a project for my two girls and as they've now finally both received them, I get to show you all as well!

I was inspired by a beautiful project made for one of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix releases last year and I've gotta say, it was an impatient wait for all the bits to be available Down Under and to order and receive them, lol. With them having a vaguely-kitchen-associated theme, I asked each of my daughters their dream kitchen colours (without telling them why) and used those. DD1 picked dark emerald green, copper and black, while DD2 chose red, mustard and royal blue.

Here are some progress pics as they slowly took shape:


All the tea/coffee pieces were cut from a heavyweight watercolour card then watercoloured using a combination of SU and distress oxide inks.


The lettering used TH/Sizzix Alphanumeric Stretch Lower alphabet dies, again cut from heavy watercolour paper and inked.

For my backgrounds I used dies to emboss rather than cut. I love the cute coffee-cup-heartbeat used on DD2's set!



The frames were painted with distress paints, though on the one below I painted with Jo Sonya copper craft paint first, then a slightly thinner coat of black distress paint over the top. I love the way the copper peeps through and gives a lovely aged look. 


And here are the completed plaques.



Though they were quite time consuming to make they were also tons of fun! They've got a wall hanging attachment on the back and I sprayed them with fixative so they'll be safe from dust and liquids. 

Materials used:
  • Tim Holtz mini framed panels
  • distress oxide inks, SU inks, Delicata celestial copper ink
  • distress paint, Jo Sonya paint
  • TH Alphanumeric Stretch Lower dies, Cafe Colorize dies, other dies from stash
  • Big Shot
  • craft foam, Dimensionals
  • watercolour paper, copper foil card, basic black card, Kaisercraft blue card
I'd love to make some more but sadly those frames are no longer available - now I'll have to be on the hunt for an alternative.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry



1 comment:

Rob I said...

Stunning - your 2 girls would be over the moon to receive these frames. I love them, the colours are just perfect. TFS