Welcome to a new Tic Tac Toe challenge! Here's the grid with options for this time around:
My picks were birthday, fun fold and free on the left vertical row to make a card for my adorable grandson who had a birthday recently. Under advisement from his mama I bought him some construction vehicle toys (one of his current loves) then decided to see what I could use to fit that theme for his card. As luck would have it, I found some dies, so set to making diggers and such, then paired these with co-ordinating clipart. It ended up being quite the loooooong card!
I started with cutting a bunch of pieces from various coloured card, adding shading and detail with ink or markers before assembling vehicles, wheelbarrow and barrier. Once I realised how big the largest vehicle was, that determined the size and style of my card. The clipart I found compliments them perfectly and I left one segment relatively clear for me to add my birthday greeting. I even decorated an envelope to match and then, of course, the wrapping paper had to match too... (And yes, I'm aware I have a matchy-matchy obsession and no, I don't need a 12-step program, lol).
A true labour of love and he did like it, though of course the toys themselves were the star of the day! 😂
We hope you'll pick three elements in a row to create and join us. Check out what my fellow team mates made to inspire you over on the challenge blog.
Thanks for dropping by.
Cheers
Kerry





Kudos to you Kerry- what a great card! My nephew would absolutely love to get this in the mail- wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWOW! This card is amazing!!!! My son loved to play with the Little Tikes trucks just like these! Your card took me on a delightful trip down memory lane! I am sure your grandson will LOVE this card! I hope his mama keeps this "labor of love"!!!!
ReplyDelete