Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Goodies Galore

Wednesday morning was super-excitement morning at our place as the postie delivered BRAND NEW GOODIES! It's always fun when a new catalogue comes out but with the amazing bonus of not one but two new catalogues, well! it's hard to contain all those squeals! LOL

Anyway, I promised my lovely ladies that I would have a feast of new stuff for them to play with in class this week, so I had the terrible burden of having to sit and play with my goodies to create cards. Sigh! It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!!!

Here's what I came up with.

Firstly, some watercolouring with the gorgeous Pleasant Poppies background stamp. Aren't they beautiful?! This one was cased from Judy May.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - watercolour, real red, basic black
  • other - aquapainter, large scallop edgelits die, fancy fan embossing folder, rhinestones

Then I wanted to make a jar. Is it awful to admit that I bought this set and matching dies just because I love the jar? That's not obsessive at all, right? Ha! Don't tell DH!

Anyway, I punched the tiny flowers using some itty bitty punches and squeezed a dab of dazzling details in the centre. Tip of the day: when you're not sure what colours to put with something (like I was wondering what to put with the more mustard) then you can't go wrong choosing colours from the same colour collection. Enter cherry cobbler and elegant eggplant!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Perfectly Preserved
  • card - more mustard, very vanilla, cherry cobbler, elegant eggplant, dsp, watercolour
  • other - cannery dies, dimensionals, aquapainter, punches, KindyGlitz, finishing touches edgelits die, elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbon

And last but not least I just had to make a birthday card using the wonderful Happy Hour set. I love the sheer ebullient nature of this set and all the little details you get with it. Add to that some polka dot papers (new) and you have a bright, cheerful card. Inspired by a card by Sharon Burkert.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Happy Hour
  • card - marina mist, daffodil delight, whisper white, real red, polka dot dsp
  • other - banner die, dimensionals, 1" square punch

Well, I'd better sacrifice myself once more and get back to the card mines! lol

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo jealous. I have my goodies...just need decent amt of time to play!!!! LURVE the poppies and the scallop border. There is nothing wrong with OCD and Bling!!! The polka dots are v v cute. Brilliant job on all Kez (and DD). ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time!! The poppies are gorgeous! Love the elegance of this card! I can completely relate to the jar thing! I still have a very retired SU set that I refuse to part with because of the jar and flowers! It also has a cute little frog, but he's not why I keep it!)
    All three cards are fantastic and such a great way to show off those new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards. the first is so elegant. thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment; your feedback is much appreciated.