Sunday, May 24, 2009

Here we go again

I had the most amazing time yesterday - a mother and daughter workshop with no less than 15 people present! It was an incredibly busy few hours for me, but such a buzz with so many happy stampers and being able to share the pleasure I get from card making and using the wonderful Stampin' Up! products. I had used dazzling diamonds on one of the cards but had forgotten about the effect of girls and sparkles! So my poor hostess had rather a glittery floor afterwards! Sorry Michelle, and thanks again for such a fun afternoon!

And now, back to earth with another round of family birthdays fast approaching, in fact three birthdays over three days in a row! So another batch of birthday cards to make so I can choose good ones for the intended recipients.

First off the rank I decided to case the following card made by my wonderful upline, Marelle.

Marelle has made some lovely cards with this set, Party Hearty, and she MADE me get it! When I looked through my stamps, I found hardly any that don't need colouring in (you all know how much I ADORE colouring in!) and thought I really should have something, and the variety of cards Marelle made sold me. If you haven't seen them on her blog, go check them out.

Her sample is a masculine card but I had my niece in mind, so changed the colours and tossed in some of the new designer papers called Pink Flamingo. Not my cup of tea at all, cos you know I am NOT a bold brights fan whatsoever, but I had got these for DD17. As luck would have it, they co-ordinate with real red and tempting turquoise, which are the only two bold brights inks I own! With the design done for me, it took only minutes to put the card together - you might wanna put some sunnies on though, cos boy! it's a bright one!

It got a big thumbs up from both of my girls and even DH likes it, although he totally destroyed all credibility by asking if it was for a boy! I had to point out that I don't usually make cards with flowers and pink for boys! SERIOUSLY!!!!! LOL!

More birthday cards coming over the next few days, so if you like what you see, call back again!

Cheers

Kez

PS Many thanks for all your kind comments re DD10's Magnolia card. She is totally chuffed at the lovely things you had to say.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Hey Kez....U realise that DH would have only seen the BLUE and not the detail, hence the totally male Q!!!! Brilliant card. Liked it when I saw Marelle's and I have now moved this set UP my mega wish list!! LOL. Brilliant job!!

Marelle Taylor said...

I love your version of this Kerry! (and you know I normally don't like bright!)
xo