Friday, May 8, 2009

A Simple Magnolia for Mum

This week's challenge at Magnolia Down Under is, naturally, a Mother's Day theme. I lost my mum to cancer a couple of years ago but I have made a card I know she would have loved as it uses her favourite colours.

Mum was a redhead and in practically all of my memories of her, she wore earthy tones - browns, oranges, greens and creams - with no fuss or frills, just plains or geometric designs. These gorgeous papers from SU are absolutely perfect, as is Magnolia's Tilda with fall flowers.

Created by Kez. Some stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®

Miss you mum.

Kez

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

This is beautiful Kez - your mum would have loved it had she still been here!! I lost my dad several years ago - they never really leave do they - but we miss them every day!
Wishing you a special Mother's Day with your family!
xXx

Kellie said...

I'm sure she would had loved it, it's absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Kelx

Lynda said...

Warm and totally huggable card Kez, just as I am sure ur Mum was!! I lost mine 16 yrs to cancer...but she is still always here. It is a beautiful tribute.

Bec said...

Hi Kerry, I have only just stumbled across your blog after you left a message on mine. I am so sorry to hear you have lost your Mum.. I too lost mine to cancer 6 1/2 years ago now.. I was 25 at the time. This card is just amazing and I am sure she would have loved it to bits. BIG HUG, Bec