Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thinking Outside The Square

Hooray! I have finally had a go at making a card that is NOT square or rectangular! I have a heap of cards and projects to make and prepare for upcoming workshops, but I decided today would be just for fun.

I used nestabilities and my Big Shot to make the scallop circle card and the circles, putting a vellum circle over the rose paper (Bella Rose DSP) so that it wasn't too overpowering. Tilda was coloured using inks, crayons, markers and my aquapainter. I have been watching videos on YouTube on colouring techniques, so let me know if you think I've improved any!

My trusty Bow Tying Machine was used for the bow at the top, which really is supposed to disguise the flat bit where the fold is, but a bigger bow got in the way of Tilda's face, so I messed up there! The sentiment was stamped direct to the vellum using StazOn ink and the faux stitching was done with a white gel pen. I did actually try stamping Tilda on vellum and colouring it, but discovered that although crayons work on vellum, the moisture buckles it and makes a big mess!
Created by Kez. Some stamped images ©1990-2009 Stampin' Up! ®
Hopefully I will manage to be back later with more fun things, but just in case I don't make it, have a great day and remember - today is the middle of the year; Christmas is just around the corner! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So does mum and i think DD17 does aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynda said...

My Darling Kez....what can't u do?? Love it, love it, love it!!! BTW...I hope it's a v v long walk b4 we reach the Chrissy corner....