Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Love that Postie!

Our postie has just been and delivered not one, not two, but THREE parcels of goodies from SU! Not all for me, unfortunately (LOL!), but at least some of it was! I was very lucky to recently earn a free stamp set and that was one of the parcels. It was a difficult decision choosing what to get - DD11 was pressing for her favourites (Sock Monkey, That's Funny, Sip by Sip and Animal Crackers) and after doing a class with team-mate Liam, Cheep Talk was high in the running, but Bugs and Kisses, Thoughts and Prayers and Snow Swirled were all in with a chance too!

Then I was side tracked by Great Grads, a set I would not normally buy as I wouldn't get that much use out of it (I thought), but with daughters graduating from year 12 and year 6 this year, it was tempting ... Finally DD11 tipped the scales by pointing out that I could use it for my TAFE students - an idea that had entirely escaped my conscious thought but was so obvious once she'd said it! "Out of the mouths of babes..." as they say! LOL So Great Grads it was, which I can use every year for my classes - brilliant!

So here are my initial attempts; the first uses DD17's fav colours (and my fav papers!):

Materials:
  • stamps - Great Grads
  • papers - Baja Breeze, Whisper White cardstock; Parisian Breeze DSP
  • inks - Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
  • other - nestabilities, 32 mm circle punch, sponge daubers, chocolate chip satin ribbon, dimensionals
Eh! I thought. It's OK but I'm not in love with it. Have another go, this time using brocade blue and night of navy (which I have decided are fantastic together). Everything went smoothly until right at the very end when I stuck on the last piece and then discovered ... I had gotten a smudge of blue ink on the white. Damn! I hate it when that happens! Usually a boo boo can be covered up with a flower or something, but not this time! I put some white gel pen over it, but this card is definitely going to have to be the "before" card and not the "after"!!! With any luck you guys won't be able to see it in the photo!

Materials:

  • stamps - Great Grads
  • papers - night of navy and whisper white card; brocade blue DSP (from hostess set)
  • inks - brocade blue, night of navy
  • other - small star punch, large star punch, brads (from stash), dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

Last week at our team meeting I gave a demo on brayering and this morning I finally got around to using my demo piece and turning it into a card.

Materials (completely SU):
  • stamps - Inspired by Nature, Sincere Salutations, Sanded
  • card - basic black, pumpkin pie, old olive, whisper white
  • ink - pumpkin pie, so saffron, black StazOn
  • other - large oval punch, scallop oval punch, dimensionals, brayer, old olive ribbon, sponge daubers

Well, that's todays offerings. Tomorrow I will be at the Stitches and Craft Show, so if you are in the vicinity of Rosehill Racecourse, drop in to the SU stand and say hello. We'll have Make and Takes and Lucky Door Prizes, so you won't go away empty handed!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers

Kez

No comments: