Monday, February 15, 2010

M is for Male

Like many of you, I often have trouble making male cards. It doesn't help that my own DH is not in to standard "male" colours - ie most of the Earth Elements colour family. He prefers bold colours so asking him for an opinion on a male card I've made is pretty much a waste of time! Basically I ignore him and keep going with my own instinct - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

This first card is one that for me, falls into the category of "it doesn't". I was inspired by a card made using the US in colours and adapted it to be more "male", but I'm not that happy with the result; it just doesn't "pop" IMHO. It'll probably end up in the box of cards the girls are allowed to give away!

Now this second card works for me and even has the added benefit of having an unintentional mistake turn into something good! Can't ask for better than that, LOL!

I used gloss card and discovered that StazOn ink slides around, creating the shadow effect I've got here. My first thought was "Oh oh!" but then I decided I kinda liked it and it may even look like I've made that effect on purpose, LOL! Ssshhhhh! Don't tell! (I dunno what's happened in my photo, though, it's made all the lines look jagged; they're not, honest!)

Created by Kez. Stamped images ©1990-2010 Stampin' Up! ®

I'll be back later in the week with a very special project I am working on, so stay tuned!

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Firstly....LURVE both the cards. I bow down at your greatness and creativity. I kinda like the first one...altho...it doesn't yell fm the rafters....I am a male only card....hee hee hee. I will have to ask you to translate IMHO....sorry. The 2nd card has such a great sunset relaxed feel....if that doesn't sound too girly..LOL!! great the way a boo-boo goes bang-pow!!1 Awesome job darl!! ooxx