Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Classic Combo

Red, white and blue are such classic colours and always look so great together. Today's card features Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Night of Navy. I mentioned at a recent class that when you don't know what colour to put with another, you can't go wrong by choosing something from the same colour collection - and I was amazed at how many of my ladies hadn't thought of that, so I have obviously been a bit remiss in making that point!

My friend and team mate Sue let me stamp some images from Friends Never Fade at our last play day, so I had this one to make up into a card. The papers are from the Regals Collection and to add a bit of interest and fill in that visual space, I have embossed the corner using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. It's very subtle and a perfect fit!


I think the result is simple and elegant, but you know how much I adore Cherry Cobbler, so I might be just a little biased! LOL! Hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Monica said...

Such a smart and stylish card that is.

Lynda said...

You know I am a CC fan!!!! Can't get enough of it (hmmm wonder whose faul THAT is???? Very simple and elegant card darl. LURVE the combo and the subtle embossing works a treat...GORJUS!!! ooxx

Kathryn Brennan said...

Nice one. Definitely elegant.