Sunday, October 31, 2010

Joyful Noel

Another couple of Christmas cards to show you today. For the first card I cased an idea from CWeeks over at Splitcoaststampers. Her card used the music notes wheel but I don't have that, so I've used musical paper from the Newsprint set instead and I added in my favourite punch.

Here's my take:


A simple card but I love it, it's so evocative! The girls and I love singing carols in the lead up to the big day and this puts me in mind of our fun around the piano. What's your favourite Christmas carol? Mine is The Little Drummer Boy, I just feel so proud for that wee man every time I hear it.

The second card will be a bit of a shock to you guys - there's no Cherry Cobbler!!!! I've used Real Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla with the Petals Aplenty embossing folder, paper from a year or two back and the Joy stamp from Welcome Christmas. The main panel has been covered with micro translucent glass beads which are attached with clear double-sided adhesive paper - both products I got at a craft show in NZ a few years back.



I could have used Dazzling Diamonds, but I just felt like a bit of a change! Thanks for dropping in today.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Wowers darl....you have bought out the big guns today!!! LURVE the music card...I think I have some old sheet music around that I maybe able to use ase a CASE.....if I dare of course!! The microbeads are so v v PURDY. I bet it sparkes brilliantly IRL. Love these cards done...WELL DONE!! As for the Chrissy Carols....whatevery the kids are singing....LOL!!!