Monday, February 28, 2011

So Happy For Ewe

I was in a somewhat whimsical frame of mind last night when I sat down to make some cards. I made one with Aviary first, but it wasn't quite whimsical enough ... so I was browsing through my files to see what fitted my fanciful mood when I came across something just perfect ... something I have been meaning to make for ages ... something especially for kiwis ... something sooooooo cute it made me chuckle out loud ...

Sheep.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaa, I hear ewe say, those kiwis have got something like 46 million sheep! (Used to be 72 million ... the rest left to live in Australia! ROFLOL!!!!!) About 13 sheep per person, apparently - I kid ewe not!!!! So I HAD to make a sheep. And having made one, I HAD to make another - ewe know what it's like. Well then, of course, it was decision time on how to get them on a card. My grass punch came in very handy (thank ewe Martha Stewart) and so my card was born. Check it out:


The SAB set 'So Happy For You' (I think there's a spelling mistake in there!) was perfect and I added a touch of contrabaaaaa-nd organza ribbon. The bow and button gave me a lot of grief, I have to say! It was by now around 11.30 pm and I was very tired and needing some sleep, but it just would NOT sit right. Normally I would decide to leave it until I was rested and fresh in the morning, but it was the last touch on my card and I just knew it would drive me crazy and stop me sleeping, so I HAD to get it sorted! So I undid the button (sewn on) and the bow (small, fiddly knot) and started again and thaaaaaank goodness, second time it worked like a chaaaaaaarm.

So, I hope ewe like my touch of whimsy ... and may ewe have some whimsy in your day today!

Cheers
Kez

PS: Here's looking at ewe kid!


Edited to add Punches used:
  • scallop circle (regular size, not the XL one) - body 
  • five petal flower - ears and feet
  • large oval - face
  • owl - eyes
  • boho blossoms - wool on head

21 comments:

Sam said...

This card is SO cute Kez...ewe have done a great job with the woolies.

I have popped it into my 'to be CASED' file...hope that's ok.

:-)
Best wishes,
Sam.

Sandra said...

Ewe are just too funny!! Love the card :)

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Really cute! Thank ewe for sharing. ;)

Juliette Chapman said...

Oh Kez - ewe are so funny!!! I love these sheep so very cute.

Carla said...

I am laughin' with ya!!! I love it when I get in that mood. I love your card and sheep, soooo cute!!!! Adorable. Hugs,

Lynda said...

Darl...did u pee into a specimen jar and a swab taken after this post?? Too funny...now no need to be sheepish!! I think you fleeced the pun dictionary and pulled every baaaaaaaad pun avail. Next thing you know, you'll be on the lamb....fm the pun police!! One may have thought that if you had counted sheep at the time of your last embaaaaaa-lishment angst...things may have not been so fraught??? Guess you pulled the woll over all of our eyes with that last minute fancy bow huh???
Oh yeah...brill card....love it to bits. Can't wait til Sun. Take care of ewe!! ooxx

Anonymous said...

This card is sooo adorable!!! By any chance can you list the punches that you used, especially for the face? Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for listing the punches used!! Hugs:)

Maree said...

As a Kiwi I think EWE have done a wonderful job creating these woollies!! Definitely on my list to recreate!

Karel Hamilton said...

Thank Ewe, this card is adorable.

Ms said...

what a darling card & idea. Thx for sharing your wonderful creativity....

Ms said...

and you've got a wicked sense of humor....lol

Monika said...

This is darling- what size scallop punch did you use for the body?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is a very cute card! I scrolled through several of your posts and love the cards you have made. (I found you through Carla's blog award to you.)

Carla said...

Be sure to pick up your award from my blog today!!! Carla's Scraps

Patrice said...

Too totally cute - into my CASE file it goes (hope that's okay).

Julie said...

Hehehe that's sooooo cute. Well done

MicheyMoo said...

You're ability to find something to laugh and smile about following last week's devastating blow to Christchurch is hysterical!! Ewe are too funny and I love, love, love the punch art here Kez!! xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Fantastic, Kez! Another idea ... use the "right on track" wheel stamp as a fence! Love your "ramblings" ... really gave me a giggle! Hugs xxaxx

Cheryl said...

WOW this is so darn cute,I have been wanting to make one of these for ages!!! Absolutely love it!! BTW what die is the grass?
xx

Robyn P said...

Love the card, thank ewe for another fun punch art idea