Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sepia Roses

The challenge this week at Just Add Ink is to just add stamps - ie to use nothing but stamps and cardstock. No ribbon, no punches, no buttons, no DSP, no die cuts. NO RIBBON? What were they thinking? LOL.

Well, I decided I just had to take a stab at this challenge! I was inspired by a lovely scrapbook layout that I remembered seeing somewhere which had sepia toned roses in the background, so I got out my stamps and went to work.

Here is my first entry for the challenge. I am not completely happy with it ... my fingers are just itching to add things! Lace! Pearls!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Baby Blossoms, A Rose Is A Rose (retired), Afterthoughts, En Francais, Polka Dot (retired)
  • card - crumb cake, soft suede, very vanilla
  • ink - crumb cake, soft suede
I think I just might be back with a second entry for this one - something more clean and simple so I can live without ribbon!

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

16 comments:

Christine Blain said...

I love all the different sets you've used to create this card, Kez. It is a true challenge this week, that's for sure! Your background looks like wallpaper; love it.

Lynda said...

Oh Kez, I love the vintage sepia feel of this.....to me it is amazing!!! I have not seen Baby Blooms set before...must be one of those 120 sets you have...LOL!!! With the polka dots it does make a beautiful background. I love this card (think I have said that). Just stunning. ooxx

Corinna said...

Kez, this is such an elegant & beautiful card. You've made all the elements come together beautifully.

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Kez, your colours are yummy! love both of these sets, nice choice!

Paula Dobson said...

Scrumptious, as always Kez!

Estela Oliveira said...

Beautiful card!

Dani art 4 U said...

Lovely card Kez, the Stamp sets have all complimented each other nicely with the tones you have used. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know..what a challenge aye? Your card is gorgeous Kez! Its going in my case file hope you dont mind!

Carla said...

How elegant!! YOur roses are so beautiful. I love how you created your background. It sure doesn't need any other elements! Gorgeous. Hugs,

Jodene said...

Such a stunning and elegant card Kez! The roses look gorgeous :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi there Kez! I know what you mean about itchy fingers ... but this does look lovely wihtout any embellishments. Hugs xxaxx

Jo said...

Kez, this is absolutely gorgeous and although you were itching to add to it, it looks perfect just the way it is. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Jasmine Hicks - Jazzy Stamper said...

What a beautiful card Kez I have never dabbled in Monochromes and this has inspired me congrats on your Top Pick :)

Jaz xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Another TOP PICK!!! Are you sure you aren't bribing the judges??? (Kidding! - wink) I am so thrilled for you ... this is so deserving of the win! Hugss xxaxx

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card. There is heaps going on with your layers and shapes, and the monotone is amazing. Huge congrats on your top pick xx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Congrats on your top pick at JAI - this card is stunning and I just love how you have incorporated so many different sets!!!