Sunday, June 12, 2011

You're In My Thoughts

Sadly, my SIL's dear wee dog Max had to be put out of his pain yesterday. I know she will miss him terribly and I made a card to tell her we are thinking of her and sharing her loss as she mourns Maxie - such a sweet wee man.


I went with classic and simple, which she likes.



I did three layers on the rose but haven't used dimensionals in between layers, just adhered the centres so it has a little depth.

After I'd made my card I found that Just Add Ink's challenge this week is black and white, so I'm entering it in that.

Thanks for calling in.

Kez

10 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

It's so hard when a beloved pet passes away. I'm sure that your SIL will really appreciate your lovely card, Kerry.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'm sure your SIL will be touched by your thoughtfulness - such a classic, elegant card.

KimB said...

Its a really lovely card Kez, great texture in the background, and a lovely heartfelt sentiment which I'm sure your SIL will appreciate.
Kim

Jodene said...

This is a beautiful card Kerry, I am sure your SIL will appreciate it. Losing a much loved pet is so hard, my heart goes out to her.

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful card Kez, with a beautiful thought behind it!
Thanks for playing at JAI.

Carla said...

What a beautiful card! Please give your sil my best!!! Hugs,

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Very beautiful Kez. I love the extra dimension you've given the rose. The sentiment looks so perfect with those flowers.

Unknown said...

a beautiful card Kez, very elegant.

Lynda said...

Oh Kerry, I am so saddened to hear of Max's passing. Such a sweet and adorable pooch and I know how much ur SIL loved him. The card is pure magic. It conveys all that you need to say and more. I am sure it was deeply appreciated. Just beautiful. ooxx

Rob I said...

I know Annie would have loved the card