Friday, October 26, 2012

Fallen Hues

Are you ready for another Color Me Beautiful challenge? This week is my week off having to design a project and as I have a busy week I wasn't going to push myself. However, we can't always control when the muse will strike us and when an idea for a card came into my head I just had to roll with it! (even though I should have been marking assignments!)

Here's the inspiration photo and colour picks:

Perfect colours for Autumn (Fall) which of course those in the Northern Hemisphere are experiencing. However, I had an idea to go a little rustic and here's where that lead me:



(click on the photo for a closer look)

Materials used:
  • stamps - Layered Labels, Everything Eleanor
  • card - crumb cake, chocolate chip, raspberry ripple, perfect plum, whisper white, summer starfruit patterns paper
  • other - apothecary accents die, raspberry ripple ribbon, crumb cake tulle, champagne shimmer mist, dimensionals, sponge dauber, large oval punch, non SU rose leaf punch and embossing folder, glue gun, distressing tool, 2 1/2" circle punch

For my flowers I punched 2 1/2" circles then sprayed them with shimmer mist and crumpled them up. Once uncrumpled I separated the two layers of card and dried them off before cutting them into a spiral and rolling up. The little twist of tulle was an inspired thought at the last minute - what do you think? SU's tulle is so soft and easy to work with, I love it!

Now pop on over to the challenge blog and see what the others have done with these colours!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Loved your card this week! You really rocked the challenge! :)

Kathryn Brennan said...

Too pretty. Love it.