Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's Just Not Fair

It's just not fair when the AusPost man brings a box of SU goodies to your doorstep at 8 am on a morning when you have plenty of chores to get done.

The new rubbah (or dsp or tools) sits there and stares at you, taunting and teasing. "Open me!" it says, "Play with me, you know you want to!"

Of course I want to, who wouldn't? But those chores ... We're heading off to Melbourne on Thursday and then DD20 will be coming back with us - and my craft room is nowhere near ready to be invaded inhabited "for the duration"! LOL.

So the new things will have to wait (sob, sob!) but I did make a card the other day, playing with the technique where you have a gap in your embossing to stamp in (I don't know if it has a shorter name!) - yes, I am already thinking of techniques to teach my ladies in next year's classes! Not a total success, but there's plenty of time to practise that one a bit more!




Materials used:

  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies
  • card - whisper white, certainly celery
  • other - windows labels framelits, Big Shot, pretty in pink ribbon, dimensionals, fancy fan E/F, blender pen

Well, better get back to those chores - time's a'running out! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Hahah I so hear you! I had a new box of goodies arrive the day of my surgery - it sat staring at me for a whole week before I could crack it open. AND I still haven't played with my new toys *pout*. Watch out when this wrist gets better!

Love the card you've made here. Definitely think I need these dies now! Thanks for enabling lol.

Enjoy your time away in Melbourne.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Kerry that is sooo beautiful!! You have to teach me how too!

Margaret said...

Your card is beautiful! I have yet to try this technique but love ho yours turned out!

This must be the dilemma of the month! I received my box of new spring catalog goodies right at the end of school. Way too many other things going on and the box got pushed to the end of the list. Fortunately, I 'needed' the box for gift wrapping and 'had' to unpack and inspect each item! I ended up using a few new goodies on my gifts for my sisters!!

Lynda said...

Oh the agony of a decision Kez....I feel for you greatly. I really love the softness of this card and the popped up poppy. More Bunting Brilliance. ooxx