Wednesday, May 15, 2013

NSU - Giant Sized!

I was commissioned recently to make an A4 size card for one of our local ministers. As this is FOUR TIMES the regular card size (A6), it was a challenge to say the least! I was given the wording to be included and a request for the colour blue, but the rest was left up to my creativity.

As I had to buy A3 size card for the base I knew I would have to go browsing - and you know how much of a hardship it is to cruise the craft stores!!! LOL!

Anyway, I spied some papers I thought might suit and luckily they also had A3 card in a very similar colour - a close enough match to meet my obsessive exacting standards. I snapped them up and spent the next day or two thinking about how to fill the HUGE void that was my card front!

Here is what I ended up with:


Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - whisper white, certainly celery, Christina Re paper, Canson cardstock
  • other - bird punch, leaf die, leaf punch and E/F, flower dies, flower punch, pearls, white organza ribbon, oval accents bigz die, Big Shot, dimensionals, liquid glue, embossing stylus and shaping mat, bow tying machine, computer and printer, elegant lines E/F

And just to show you how big this card is, here it is with a normal sized card:


Luckily my customer just loves it and hopefully the recipients will too!

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Your scale is perfect on this as I had no clue exactly how large it was until you added the standard card! This is gorgeous and you did a fabulous job, even if you did have to suffer through a shopping trip to the craft store! :P