We had a Christmas in July dinner at our place last night and it was really lovely having a festive time in front of a roaring fire. We even had crackers and Secret Santa and candy canes on the tree! Experiencing a white Christmas is on my bucket list, so hopefully one of these days ...
Here's a pic of the table all set and lit by candles, and you can see our fledgling tree in the background:
And today is the first of our Christmas stamp-a-stack classes - cos we all know that once July hits, it's only downhill until Dec 25th!!!
In a stamp-a-stack I design two cards and my lovely ladies make five of each design, including stamping on inserts and envelopes. By the end of October they will have 40 handmade Christmas cards all ready to send to family and friends.
Here is what I have concocted for this month:
There's a little bit of silver ink sponged over the embossed frame to highlight it and the silver glitter and ribbon look gorgeous against the dark blue.
- stamps - Ornamental Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
- card - midnight muse, whisper white, silver glitter
- other - holiday frame embossing folder, holiday ornaments dies, Big Shot, dimensionals
- non SU - silver ink, silver ribbon
For this one I created the sentiment panel on MDS, replacing the original snowflakes with some mistletoe and colouring it all up. In the background are mice kissing under some mistletoe - ka-yute!
- stamps - MDS
- card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, early espresso
- other - sponge daubers, dimensionals, Big Shot
- non SU - nestabilities die, House Mouse stamp
I am looking forward to the release of the Holiday Catalogue and some gorgeous new papers, stamps and embellishments to play with for future classes.
Thanks for stopping by.