Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Creative Crew Challenge - Catalogue Focus

This month's catalogue focus is candy dots. I have to admit, I hadn't gotten around to getting any yet, so had to hot foot place an order for some! With imitation being our theme for December, the challenge is to copy someone's artwork that loves brads or candy dots and to use candy dots generously on our project.

I drew my inspiration from this lovely card I found on Pinterest that comes from Riddersholm Design blog. 



In keeping with the modern graphic look of the Winter Frost paper, I kept my card simpler and more streamlined. I sprinkled both candy dots and rhinestones liberally to add zing to the soft, subtle colours. 



Materials used:
  • stamps - Snow Swirled, Snow Burst (MDS), A Cardinal Christmas (MDS)
  • card - pool party, whisper white, smoky slate, Winter Frost dsp
  • other - two tags die, snow flurry die, Big Shot, frosted finishes embellishment, dimensionals, pool party seam binding, dotted scallop ribbon border punch, subtles candy dots, rhinestones 
  • non SU - white glitter card

Do visit the December challenge gallery and check out what inspired my fellow design team members over at SCS.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Love both of these Kez. Your creations are pure Magic. ooxx

Margaret said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love the frosty colors and your candy dots look terrific!