Monday, January 20, 2014

Multi Flip Mini Album

In between various household duties and trying to keep cool in the heat over the past few days, I had a lot of fun making up a mini album suitable for anyone between 10 and 25. This one is destined for DD15 to put photos of her gang of friends in, but with a change of accent colours it could just as easily be for a boy instead.

I came across a wonderful video tutorial for making this album by Rachel Tessman (the link is here) and immediately had the idea for this bright, cheerful version. The dies from both flip card framelits and the new word bubbles framelits (in the upcoming Occasions catalogue) were the perfect embellishments.

The main disadvantage is my limited photography skills! Anyways, take a lookie. Here's the front cover with it all closed up, then a view from the top so you can see how neatly it all folds in.



And here are the two insides - the pieces of card are places for photos to be added.



Materials used:

  • stamps - Extreme Elements
  • card - Bermuda bay, crushed curry, strawberry slush, wisteria wonder, whisper white
  • other - circle flip card framelits, label flip card framelits, word bubbles framelits, chevron punch, strawberry slush ruffle stretch trim, timeless type alphabet dies, Big Shot, sticky strip, 2 1/2" circle punch, itty bitty punch (star)

You could make the album up and cut all the embellishments and give them separately too, so that the recipient could add them wherever they wish. The perfect gift for hard-to-buy-for-teens! Lol!

This project is my challenge entry at Just Add Ink this week; to use one of the flip card thinlits.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

9 comments:

Rachel Tessman said...

LOVE your colors! What a great album for a teen.

Christine Blain said...

Kez, this is just fabulous!! Love your colour choices, and the fun stamping and use of accents. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Paula Dobson said...

As soon as I saw your Mini Album using the Flip Card Thinlits Kez, I wanted to make one too. I love the use of the Word Bubble framelits on it too. Such a cool way to journal this awesome album. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is awesome. TFS.

Nikki Spencer said...

OMG is right Kez!...Love this idea and beautifully created too! Such a fab project. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Oh - this is amazing - I love everything about it....the design, the colour combo, the stamping....its cool as! Chantell JAI

Lynda said...

I have had this pinned in my gunna file. I love your version. I get confidence in seeing someone I know making it work!!! Brilliant job hunni. ooxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is such an amazing project! I totally love it and the colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Tina said...

Wow! What a fantastic project. I love a good mini album, so I'll be checking out that tutorial for sure! Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.