Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fancy A Spot Of New Colour?

With the arrival of the new 2014-2016 in colours at my house yesterday, I was determined to get into my craft room and have a play. So after a late rising (well, it is a long weekend, after all!) that is exactly what I did. Hubby came past just as I had gone in and asked if I was having fun. "Not yet", I replied, "but I'm about to!"

I had an urge to watercolour, so got out the beautiful Pleasant Poppies stamp and set to.

Here's the result - not quite as awesome as I was hoping, but not bad either. Hubby praised it, which is a big deal!


The card base is blackberry bliss, the poppies are hello honey with mossy meadow for the stems and a diluted lost lagoon for the sky. The other in colour I didn't use is tangelo twist. I coloured the edge of the lace to make it stand out more using the blackberry bliss marker.

Materials used:

  • stamps - Pleasant Poppies, Petite Pairs
  • card - blackberry bliss, hello honey, watercolour
  • other - aqua painter, markers, lace ribbon, dimensionals

Has that whet your appetite for the new in colours? Hope so!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I am loving Blackberry Bliss as a colour Kez....altho sadly (sniff) my pre order did not arrive before the long w'end. Your colouring is always so a-mazing. Great card....embrace and enjoy the lie ins.....hee hee hee ooxx

Margaret said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful and you did a wonderful job showing off those new colors! Love the colored edge on the lace too! Great idea!