Sunday, August 3, 2014

Oh, Happy Day

They've been around on the "interweb" for a while and I've had them pending in my "Gunnado" file, and now I have finally dedicated a few hours to making one!

A card-in-a-box, that is.

I have seen so many great samples that I had a hard time deciding what theme to use for my first one. Eventually I figured that I couldn't go wrong with birthday as that is the thing my ladies ask for the most. If you're familiar with my work you will know that I don't go in for very busy things, so this was a real challenge for me - to get that fine balance between not having too many empty spaces and having far too much of a good thing!

Here tis:



Materials used:
  • stamps - Just Sayin', Happy Hour, Starburst Sayings, Tag Talk, Circle of Friendship (retired)
  • card - Pacific point, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, whisper white, brights patterned papers, Polka Dots dsp
  • other - pennant punch, starburst framelits, Big Shot, window sheets, dimensionals, label bracket punch, 1" circle punch, word bubbles framelits

And here's the back view where you would write your birthday message:


It's definitely a bit minimalist, isn't it? I'm thinking now I might need to add a few more bits ....

So, of course, having finally made one, I just had to make another with a different theme. I saw a gorgeous sample on Pinterest (which I think was made by Linda Gray) that I love and had the tools for, so I have used that as inspiration. The gorgeous new in colour Hello Honey was the perfect choice, as you'll see:



 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Just Buzzin' By (retired)
  • card - hello honey, basic black, whisper white, in colour patterned paper
  • other - daisy die (retired), owl punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, window sheets, Big Shot, dimensionals, hexagon embossing folder, Blendabilities, pennant punch, sponge dauber
  • non SU - Magnolia stamp, Carl daisy punches

On DD16's advice I have left the side panels as they are, as the card is so busy already - though I was tempted to put a honey pot on there.  I'm working on a nautical themed one now, as it's DH's birthday on Tuesday - so back soon with that one!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love these both Kez. Aren't they so much fun to decorate??? Brilliant job all around. ooxx