Friday, February 6, 2015

Butterfly

This week I had another go at the tea light card, changing the design up a little so it's more straightforward to make.


For my butterfly I cut the base in crisp cantaloupe and the thinlit in early espresso, and then used crisp cantaloupe and calypso coral markers to add some shading to portions of the wings.


Pocket size was decreased on this version to better suit my tag, cut with the cute scalloped tag topper punch. Notice the gorgeous lace on the pocket too? Sahara sand lace to match my card base!

The box could also be used to contain other gifts, of course, rather than tea lights. Chocolates come to mind!

Materials used:

  • stamps - Butterfly Basics
  • card - Sahara sand, wild wasabi, crisp cantaloupe, early espresso, very vanilla
  • punches and dies - butterfly thinlits, oval framelits, scalloped tag topper, corner rounder, deco labels framelits 
  • other - rhinestones, dimensionals, Big Shot, Sahara sand lace, sponge dauber, wild wasabi ribbon
  • non SU - Graphic 45 papers, acetate


I've used the butterfly die again for my second project, this time soft and ethereal in vellum and teamed with new stamp set Painted Petals. Sooooooo pretty! Design cased and adapted from a card by Mercedes Weber.


Materials used:
  • Painted Petals, retired sentiment stamp
  • card - white linen (non SU), vellum 
  • inks - wisteria wonder, pear pizzazz, Versamark
  • other - Apothecary Accents die, Big Shot, dimensionals, silver embossing powder, heat tool, butterfly thinlits die, rhinestones, silver paint pen (non SU)

I know my ladies are going to love making these in class this week!

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Your tealight holder is gorgeous! I love the layered butterfly!
The soft vellum butterfly on the card is so pretty too!