Thursday, August 18, 2016

Christmas Greetings

Our Christmas stamp-a-stack cards for this month both feature two things: the Christmas Greetings thinlits and some sponging - because you know how much I love getting inky!

Here's the first, a classic colour combination (and one of my personal favs) of cherry cobbler, crumb cake and very vanilla.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Holly Jolly Greetings
  • card - cherry cobbler, very vanilla, crumb cake, vellum
  • other - world traveller embossing folder, Big Shot, Christmas Greetings thinlits, gold embossing powder, heat tool, rhinestone, gold cord, wooden snowflake, sponge, two way glue pen, mini glue dot

Once I'd embossed the map, I sponged over it with crumb cake ink, both to highlight the shapes more and to give it a slight aged look, which is something I love on Christmas cards particularly. The wooden snowflake embellishment is left over from last year and my ladies are going to LOVE me for making them tie a bow in that thin gold cord! LOL.

Santa makes an appearance on our second card, something light and jolly.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Holly Jolly Greetings, Cozy Christmas
  • card - soft sky, basic black, whisper white, real red
  • other - Christmas Greetings thinlits, Big Shot, stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge, scrap paper, post it note, 1 3/4" circle punch, two way glue pen

I stamped Santa and his reindeer then placed my masks for the moon and snow before sponging with soft sky ink. I love how effective this is without much work.

Hopefully my ladies will have lots of fun making these. Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Completed the Santa Sleigh card...very effective