Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Live With Passion

SU came to my rescue this morning.

Imagine the card below with no sentiment on it and this is the dilemma I faced. Yes, I had a lot of fun brayering the sky background, and yes, it was a challenge to get my die upright when I couldn't see what I was doing - but then I took my card out to DD18 and asked, "What kind of sentiment would I put on this card?" Her reply basically told me I had to work it out on my own, so I turned to my SU catalogues for inspiration. Luckily for me, I didn't have to go any further than the new Occasions catalogue, and more specifically, page 24 and the gorgeous set Beautiful You.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Beautiful You
  • card - watermelon wonder, whisper white, basic black
  • inks - so saffron, calypso coral, watermelon wonder, Versamark
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, MISTI, brayer, 3/4" circle punch, post it note, tree branch circle die (Memory Box), Big Shot, two-way glue pen, embossing buddy

Words that are deep and meaningful definitely suit dramatic colours, don't they? 

Thanks for dropping in.

Cheers
Kez

No comments: