Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Getting Inky

I just adore getting inky!

Sponging and brayering are my favourite methods of ending up with ink all over my fingers and hands, and the card I have for you today is a sponged one. In fact, it's an example of the Bokeh technique (pronounced just like bouquet, I read somewhere). I'm really proud of this card - I'm very, very happy with how it turned out and the colours draw my eyes every time I catch sight of it.



Materials used:
  • stamps - Amazing You
  • card - berry burst, basic black, shimmer white
  • inks - berry burst, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, whisper white, basic black, crushed curry
  • other - Celebrate You thinlits, fine-tip glue, stamp-a-ma-jig, bokeh template, sponges

What do you think? Is that colour combination a hit for you too?

Although the stamp set contains 'amazing' in the same font as the die, I wanted the extra dimension the die gives, so that's why I've used it. You could just as easily simply stamp the word instead. This stamp set/die combo are both in the SAB catalogue.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Rob I said...

I love love love this card. Gotta make it using the same colours. Stunning

Lynda said...

So glad to see you back blogging again dear girl. Love this Bokeh look. Very pink....but still lovely ooxx