Thursday, August 16, 2018

#IBlameItOnJennifer

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jennifer McGuire is an enabler! LOL.

She's also one very talented lady and if you don't already subscribe to her YouTube channel, I thoroughly recommend you do. It was one of her excellent videos that alerted me to the myriad of ways you can use 3D embossing folders.

Here's my attempt at CASEing one of hers:


Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - whisper white, soft sea foam
  • inks - soft sea foam, garden green
  • other - subtle embossing folder, Big Shot, frame dies (stash), brayer, Tim Holtz 3D texture embossing folder 'Botanical', mounting tape

I inked up the inside of my embossing folder before running it through the Big Shot, then ran a brayer very lightly over the top of my embossed piece with a darker ink.

And here's another one: 


This folder isn't quite as deep as the Tim Holtz one so my background ink is slightly patchy, but I like to think it adds to the effect (well, that's what I'm going to tell myself, lol). I've deliberately left the sentiment at 'Happy' as I like to think it could be for a number of uses - happy birthday, happy for you, you make me happy, etc - the rest can be added inside. You're limited only by your imagination! 

Not my best photos, sorry. However, are you loving SU's Subtle embossing folder as much as I am? It gives great texture to your backgrounds and lives up to its name perfectly.

Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - daffodil delight, basic grey, whisper white
  • inks - daffodil delight
  • other - happy die (Altenew), Sizzix 3D embossing folder 'Floral Blossom', Big Shot, stitched rectangle framelits, mounting tape, mini glue dots, metallics sequin assortment, subtle embossing folder

You can watch Jennifer's video HERE on creative uses of embossing folders. If you're like me, you'll soon be ordering some 3D goodies to play with!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez




2 comments:

Laurie said...

Love the tone-on-tone look of these! I agree that Jennifer always has great inspiration and makes me want to buy everything she showcases...
Thanks for sharing.

Rob I said...

Two gorgeous cards - what a rotter that Jennifer is - always making us buy things but look at what they create.