Monday, November 26, 2018

Serene Snow

How often do you make a one layer card? If your answer is 'practically never', then I say 'join the club' because I am usually all about the layers. So I was kinda surprised when the challenge over at Less is More caught my eye the other night and set my creative mind whirring.


It didn't take long for an idea to come to mind so I thought about it for a while before I went to bed. Then I thought about it some more once I was in bed (yeah, it's real conducive to sleep *she says sarcastically*) and again the next day. Eventually I sat at my craft desk to see if the idea would come together and I think it did. I'm quite happy with my result, anyway, and for me to be happy with only ONE layer is pretty much unprecedented, so yeah...break out the Toblerone (or Cadburys or Lindt...) 





And that's my second winter-themed Christmas card in two posts - looks like the drought is well and truly broken, lol.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Dashing Deer, Gorgeous Grunge, Stylish Christmas
  • card - very vanilla thick 
  • inks - soft suede, pool party, cherry cobbler, Versamark
  • other - clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, Stamparatus, Drifts and Hills stencil (MFT), sponge, sponge dauber, marker

I began with stamping the deer using my Stamparatus and soft suede ink, then overstamped with Versamark and clear embossed (this was so sponged ink wouldn't change their colour later). Then I stamped the snowfall in Versamark and white embossed, having masked my ground area with the stencil. Next came the sponging in pool party ink for the sky, then moving my stencil and sponging more snow drifts. Excess ink was wiped off all the embossed pieces with a tissue. Shadows were added with a marker and my sentiment was stamped last in cherry cobbler.

Have you challenged yourself lately to try something completely different to your usual style? 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

5 comments:

Rob I said...

Very impressive. The shadowing of the deer is so realistic. Well done

Laurie said...

I love this card! It almost makes me wish for the colder weather to get here if things outside will look as pretty as this : )

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So elegant and a real festive feel to your card. Beautiful stamping and inky blending. Thanks for joining us at Less is More this time.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your idea came together SO beautifully Kerry! Such a dreamy and peaceful scene and a brilliant one layer card too. So, oat on the back and yeah...pass the toblerone over here too ;-) (I was up at 4.30 am the other day when an idea hit me - this crafting lark really isn't conducive to sleep, is it.) Anyway, thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Meighan Wheller said...

Lovely card Kerry. Beautifully put together.