Saturday, June 29, 2019

Huzzah!

I have been sorely missing watercolouring since discovering I'd been silly enough to leave StazOn ink and my aqua painter behind in Australia. The ink was easy to replace from a SU demo here in the Netherlands and that arrived late last week, but the aqua painter not so much - because let me tell you, not all water brushes are created equal. Now, much as I love SU products, I have to be honest and say (and I don't know which manufacturer they get them from) that their water brushes (aqua painter) are not very good. Every single one of my ladies who bought them had trouble with water flooding from the reservoir to the brush tip and ended up very frustrated. Eventually I had to recommend they purchase the brand that I had been using successfully for many years, since even before I became a demonstrator.

For this reason, plus what I consider to be a horrendous price (21 euros for a pair), I didn't buy the SU ones and today finally managed to get to a craft shop in the nearby town of Hellevoetsluis and found they had my favourite brand. Huzzah! I bought two (fine and medium tips - just over 8 euros for both) and couldn't wait to get back to the boat to try them out.

So without further ado, here's my first watercoloured card in a month!


Materials used:
  • stamps - Sailing Home (SU), Ocean Wisdom (Stampendous)
  • card - seaside spray, watercolour
  • inks - seaside spray, night of navy, Sahara sand, rococo rose, terracotta tile
  • other - stitched rectangle framelit, Big Shot, retired embossing folder, water brush, mini MISTI, white gel pen, soft suede marker

You can bet there will be more watercolouring cropping up here in the future. Until then, thanks for sailing by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Connie said...

Beautiful choice of colors for your card! Well done!