Wednesday, August 21, 2019

When Even Therapy Doesn't Work

After about the last 50 hours with frustrations piling one on top of another, I decided I was in dire need of some DO therapy. That's distress oxides therapy, for those of you who haven't been coming here long enough to be familiar with that particular obsession. Not even able to gather enough grey matter to choose my own colour combo, I consulted my Pinterest board and found one suggested by Kristina Werner that appealed, and set to.

But even my DO's added to the s*** pile; I had to have two goes at the background because my stamping turned out a little crooked but the second one was no better - in fact it smudged a little. So you know what? I decided to go ahead and finish my card off anyway with the first, slightly crooked one, 'cause frankly, my dears, I just don't give a monkeys. You'll forgive me, right? You'll understand and sympathise with my plight and allow me this modicum of crafting leeway, just this once. Aww, ta.

So here it is, the therapy that didn't quite work. If you ignore the fact the writing's a bit skew-whiff, it ain't half bad I reckon.


Materials used:
  • stamps - You Matter, You Matter Background (Simon Says Stamp)
  • card - shimmer white, whisper white, pink pirouette
  • distress oxide inks - spun sugar, picked raspberry, wilted violet, picket fence
  • other - You Matter die (SSS), Big Shot, Stamparatus, popcorn box thinlits, mini Dimensionals, water spritzer, heat tool

Fingers crossed I get my DO mojo back soon! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Not half bad esp when the mojo isnt working. Cant go wrong with DO's. We are often our worse critics so this is a card for a non crafting friend.