Saturday, September 7, 2019

Floating Flowers

One of the techniques that hit the craft sphere while I was away is Jennifer McGuire's floating frame cards. I loved it, but with limited supplies and equipment with me on the boat, couldn't try it out for myself at the time. Yesterday I finally had the chance and here's my inaugural attempt.



Happily the technique itself was pretty simple - all the work was in the fussy cutting of the flowers and the sticking-on and unpeeling of the dimensionals! However, I'm happy with it for a first try. I coloured plain rhinestones using my Stampin' Blend marker to match my card - love how easy this is.

Here's a close up so you can see the 'floating' effect.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Free as a Bird
  • card - calypso coral, whisper white, Bird Ballad DSP
  • other - stitched rectangle dies, Big Shot, Dimensionals and mini Dimensionals, Stamparatus, rhinestones, calypso coral dark Stampin Blend marker, Glad Press'n Seal

Keen to give it a try yourself? You can watch Jennifer's video tutorial HERE.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez


1 comment:

Rob I said...

wow!! looks awesome. Cant believe you hand cut all those flowers - thats dedication to your project. TFS