Saturday, December 21, 2019

Rainbow Hugs

'Oh what fun it is to play
With oxide inks all day.'

(Did you sing that in your head to the tune of Jingle Bells instead of 'oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh'? No? Hmmm, maybe it's just me ;-P)

This morning I decided I wanted to make a CAS card with a white background and a lovely splash of colour, so I got out my distress oxides. I know, I know, I'm using any old excuse to play with my favourites inks, lol. You know me so well!

Here's my card:


I made a torn mask then sponged a little of each colour of the rainbow, spritzed them with a few drops of water and white ink, then added my sentiment die (two layers) and punched butterfly, finishing off with clear epoxy dots. Splash of bright colour achieved! I'm loving it.

Materials used:

  • stamps - none
  • card - whisper white
  • distress oxide inks - festive berries, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, mowed lawn, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, wilted violet
  • other - Hugs die (Pink & Main), butterfly punch, clear epoxy dots, blending brushes, Big Shot, craft foam, mini Dimensionals

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Beautiful blending of the distress oxide inks. You are nailing the clean and simple concept. TFS