Sunday, December 15, 2019

Simples!

Cute card featuring distress oxide inks and adorable meerkats? Simples!

One of the stamp sets you can earn for free from the upcoming Sale-a-bration catalogue is called The Gang's All Meer. It has a number of meerkat poses as well as a lizard and cactus and some sentiments, but my first card using this set was inspired by Jackie Aitken and I've gone for a silhouette against a vivid African sunset. Even shaded out, you can still feel the personalities of these loveable little critters!


I punched a mask for the sun and used my blending brushes to create the sky background, then stamped the meerkat image with black ink and coloured it using my basic black marker, adding the ground with the marker too. Then it was just cut and assemble - like I said, simples!

Materials used:
  • stamps - The Gang's All Meer
  • card - whisper white, basic black
  • distress oxide inks - mustard seed, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon
  • other - 2 1/2" circle punch, blending brushes, Stamparatus, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, black marker, craft foam

There's no sentiment as I think this could be used for many occasions and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a very popular set to earn once the SAB promotion begins next month.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love your idea to make the meerkat image a silhouette! I may have to add this set to my wishlist now...