Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Inky Hello

While the recent rains (well, thunderstorms) are very, very, very welcome, unfortunately the low cloud cover traps the heat and brings with it the humidity, and that I loathe and detest with every fibre of my being! Who enjoys being sticky and sweaty when the sun isn't even out? Not me, nor anyone I know, lol.

So to cheer myself up I've made another inky background card, this time using my favourite distress oxides, which you know I'm a complete sucker for...



Materials used:
  • stamps - All About You (MFT)
  • card - whisper white, basic black
  • distress oxide inks - mustard seed, picked raspberry, wilted violet
  • other - Hello die, stitched rectangle die, Big Shot, iridescent sequin assortment, mini glue dots, blending brushes, distress glaze, spritzer tool, water spritzer, white distress spray stain, white embossing powder, heat tool, glue, craft foam, melon mambo and highland heather markers

Once my feature panel was to my liking I blended some distress glaze over it - this helps deepen the colours so they don't fade, plus has the advantage of 'locking' them in so they're no longer affected by water etc. It's easily applied - just put a tiny smidge on your finger and rub it in. It looks shiny at first but dries to a matte finish. 

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

What an awesome card. Love the hello die with the distress oxides. Will have to try the distress glaze as it certainly has kept the distress oxides bright and vibrant. TFS