Thursday, May 7, 2020

My First Foray...

In complete contrast to my CAS cards, today's sample is pretty much all that is NOT clean and simple, lol. I've signed up for some online classes with Altenew in Demystifying Mixed Media and this is my 'homework' for the first lesson, incorporating techniques taught in that lesson.

It's not perfect, nor is it exactly how I pictured it before I started, but I'm reasonably happy with it. My first mistake was choosing a piece of card that was too small for my stencil - or a stencil that was too big for my card, depending on how you want to look at it, lol. Then the only embossing paste/texture paste I had on hand was shimmery rather than matte, but that's okay - in the lesson, the tutor had a matte background but added shimmer to her focal image, and I've just done the opposite.

So, here's my first go:


Materials used:

  • stamps - You've Got This (SU), Itty Bitty Greetings (SU)
  • card - whisper white, basic black, watercolour
  • distress oxide inks - cracked pistachio, wild honey, ripe persimmon, black soot
  • SU inks - crushed curry, calypso coral, shaded spruce
  • other - white embossing powder, heat tool, shimmer white embossing paste, spatula, paint brush, aqua painter, Dimensionals, word window punch, Mesh stencil (Memory Box), craft foam

It was lovely playing with embossing paste, inks and watercolouring and I'm really looking forward to seeing what I get to try next in lesson two!

Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Great job! Love it. x

Rob I said...

I marvel at the background stencil and the colours you have used, very pretty. A very pretty card where the elements arent overwhelming. TFS