Thursday, May 21, 2020

Speckles of Gold

I was watching Tim Holtz on YouTube last night - I know, I know, he's a major enabler and I was playing with fire, lol - which had a twofold effect: (1) to make me want the new product he was demonstrating (no big surprise there ðŸ˜‰) and (2) in the absence of those new goodies, I had a craving to play with my distress oxides (come to think of it, that's not surprising either!). At any rate, once I'd done some ink smooshing and had this scrummy panel of gorgeousness (in my humble opinion), of course then it was a matter of 'what am I going to do with it?' Choosing a gold accent was a no-brainer (as you'll soon see what you get to the card du jour) and after placing them on my card base I decided I wanted a sentiment that fit perfectly underneath. Upon discovering an appropriate stamp in the Butterfly Gala set, I then realised I had the perfect entry for this week's Just Add Ink challenge:


Here tis:


In the light this sparkles beautifully but it's a wet and dingy day today, therefore not great for photo taking. I really need an inside set-up with good lighting (strikes thoughtful pose, strokes chin and muses).


The gold outline leaf is a new product in SU's 2020-2021 annual catalogue - isn't it gorgeous? There's a whole range of stunning gold shapes to pick from, you're going to love them.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Butterfly Gala
  • card - whisper white, Forever Gold specialty DSP
  • distress oxide inks - blueprint sketch, wilted violet, peacock feathers
  • other ink - Delicata golden glitz
  • other - stitched square die, Big Shot, blending brush, craft foam, Stamparatus, paint brush, water spritzer

It's a very minimalist card for me but I have to say, each time I look at it I like it more, lol.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez

1 comment:

Rob I said...

wow, the close up shows the gold accents. Must look stunning in real life. Tim Holtz has a lot to answer for. TFS