Sunday, July 12, 2020

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like...

Christmas! 

Well, on this blog anyway, because this week I made my first Christmas card for the year. It was very much an experimentation with some new bits and pieces and I was more than happy with how it turned out.


Materials used:
  • stamps - none
  • card - crumb cake, cherry cobbler, basic black, very vanilla, whisper white, early espresso
  • distress oxide inks - frayed burlap, spiced marmalade, festive berries, candied apple, hickory smoke
  • Tim Holtz products - Holly collage paper, Timekeeper Bigz die, Feathered Friends dies, tarnished brass distress paint, distress collage medium, picket fence distress ink, black soot archive ink
  • other - big Shot, sponge dauber, blending brushes, black rhinestone, branch die, large numbers dies, dimensionals

I did two layers of card for the numbers to give them more dimension and the branch is three layers, while the bird is raised. The collage paper is very thin, like tissue, so is glued to some whisper white to provide body. I cut the three layers for the bird from very vanilla then used inks and brushes to colour them. I'm really loving this little bird, so I think it's safe to say there'll be more showing up on cards again soon.

Usually I'd be starting Christmas card stamp-a-stack classes this month, so it feels rather strange not to be designing straightforward samples for my ladies. Mind you, some of them have already started on their holiday cards too - and one, in fact, has made her 30 already! That's what quarantine will do for you!

Thanks for stopping by. Stay safe.

Cheers
Kez


1 comment:

Rob I said...

wow, this is different. You really are enjoying mixed media. You have pulled all the elements together seamlessly. A very pretty card. TFS