Friday, September 18, 2020

Celebrating - CAS on Friday Challenge #189

Welcome! It's time for another clean and simple card challenge with CAS on Friday.

This is challenge #189 and the theme is NUMBER/S.

This one had me stumped for a while, I've got to admit. Age cards for little ones are useful but I don't have any grandchildren yet, so that seemed to be planning a bit too far ahead, lol. Hubby had a zero-ending birthday this year but didn't want to acknowledge those digits (lol) so I didn't do a number card for him. Then I recalled that a good friend has a milestone birthday coming up in the not too distant future, so I made a card in anticipation of her special day.

As I've always loved the classic elegance of black and vanilla together, I used that colour scheme with some glittery gold thrown in for good measure. The background is gold embossed with a damask pattern, another classic that never seems to go out of style.


Materials used:

  • stamps - Damask (Tim Holtz)
  • card - very vanilla, basic black, gold glitter
  • dies - large numbers, Celebrate You
  • other - craft foam, Big Shot, gold embossing powder, heat tool

Have you got someone who has a special number birthday or anniversary coming up? Then join in our challenge and make them a card! And don't forget to head over to the CASOF blog to see what my team mates have come up with for your inspiration.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kez

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Great card with the big sparkling numbers on it!

Rob I said...

Stunning card, I'm going to have to "case" it. Colour scheme is brilliant. The glitter is really adds to it. TFS


A.Rose said...

Such an elegant card! Wonderful!

Wilma de Korte said...

Love your card Kerry! Black/white and gold gives the right party look :-)