Sunday, February 28, 2021

Cardinal Rule

The month has gotten away from me and although I've had my Feb Christmas card planned in my head for some time, I didn't get it made before today, so I'm just squeaking in under the wire! My design was very much influenced by a gorgeous creation by the talented Emma Williams. 

Anyway, on to my card, which was so much fun to create I'm surprised it's not illegal, lol. Smooshing, inking and colouring - I mean, come on! In all honesty, for me there is no better way to pass the time - and it's cheaper and more fun than therapy!


Materials used:
  • card - whisper white, watercolour, early espresso, vellum
  • distress oxide inks - speckled egg, vintage photo, candied apple, black soot, rustic wilderness
  • distress inks - speckled egg
  • TH dies - cardinal, mini holiday greens
  • other - Big Shot, Sidekick, starry night stencil (TH), glimmer paste (Nuvo), peace dies, red tiny pearls, craft foam, tiny  Dimensionals, distress crayon, sponge dauber, collage medium (TH), branch die (retired SU), stitched rectangle die

Phew! Glad I made the deadline! Don't want to be breaking my new year's resolution already! Now to start planning March's card!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, sweet cardinal card---love birds on cards and this is a great card---thanks for sharing, Donna