Saturday, March 6, 2021

Love You a (Chai) Latte


This week's Just Add Ink challenge immediately got me mentally running through a list of L words, then through my Pinterest boards searching for inspiration. I found it in my 'coffee themed cards' board because, although I have never been a coffee or tea drinker, I did fairly recently discover a love for chai lattes. In fact, having a chai is now my favourite way to start my day.

So I adapted the usual 'love you a latte' sentiment and can send this card to my younger daughter, who  introduced me to chai lattes and will get a laugh out of it.

At some point in the planning process I decided to include this week's GDP challenge as well and used their challenge colours, a combination I absolutely love and am making a mental note to use again. 




Materials used:
  • card - watercolour, whisper white, basic black, real red
  • dies - Playful Alphabet (SU), Cafe Colorize (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle
  • SU inks - Bermuda bay, blushing bride, creamy caramel, smoky slate, basic grey
  • other - Big Shot, owl builder punch, craft foam, sponge daubers, blending brushes


Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Ker

PS I posted this card to Instagram and then THIS happened:


My card was also picked for the JAI challenge, so I am a pretty happy chappy right now, not gonna lie! 


3 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

Perfect sentiment for an L card! Love your funky coffee cup. Chantell Just Add Ink

IdlePleasures said...

Wow! I totally ADORE this card! Fun with the background story, and oh so beautiufl!!!! And well deserved attention from the "guru" himself! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! This is one fabulous card! I am loving everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!