Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Best Laid Plans...

Yep, it's me. 

Ok, so no, I'm not exactly settled and set up in my new home - in fact, far from it. I'm still in my 'old' place because four weeks ago we were put into a strict COVID lockdown and my plans went on hold temporarily. It's looking highly likely we'll be homebound for some time still - possibly till the end of August. That meant I had to prep more cards for my DT commitments and that meant the craft goodies I'd already packed had to come out again! Oi vey!

The good part is I have not one but two wonderful excuses for playing with inks and paper! 

Last time we were in lockdown I used to give my ladies a challenge each week - I haven't really done that this time, so thought it might be fun to attempt a class by Zoom. I gave them a Christmas theme so they could prep their goodies and then make a card using this sketch:


Naturally, I made a few samples to show them. For the first, a clean layered design, I stuck pretty much to the sketch.


Materials used:
  • stamps - Sing Joy! (Penny Black), Tiny Text Christmas (Tim Holtz)
  • card - soft sky, basic white, real red, Christmas papers from stash
  • other - Dimensionals, MISTI, Copic markers, SU Stampin' Blends

My second card, a shabby/vintage style, plays around with the sketch to show how you can be more liberal in your interpretation. 
 

Materials used:
  • card - crumb cake, mossy meadow, old olive, watercolour, retired SU Christmas papers
  • other - chipboard Cathedral window die cut (Tim Holtz), chipboard poinsettia (Scrapmatt), gold pearls, Christmas Greetings die (retired SU), sponge dauber, vintage photo oxide ink, gold paint, Holiday Greens die (TH), Mini Holiday Greens dies (TH), mini glue dots

And for my third sample I changed orientation.


Materials used:
  • stamps - STAMPSL391 (Studio Light)
  • card - basic black, Kaisercraft plaid paper, SU retired paper, basic white
  • other - wild honey distress oxide ink, distressing tool, label tape - Christmas (Tim Holtz), Dimensionals, MISTI

Excuse the photo quality - it's far too windy for me to do my usual outdoor shots, so they're taken flat on my desk inside and it wasn't till I uploaded them here that I realised I had printed paper underneath, lol. Did I feel like taking them all again? I think you can tell the answer to that question ... 😉😁

It was lovely to catch up with my ladies and of course the cards they made were completely different but all wonderful. I hope you're getting the chance to be creative, wherever you are. 

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

yep lockdown sucks, but what can you do? Lovely cards with 3 totally different interpretations on the sketch. I like the first one best, very cute. Hope you enjoyed the catch up with the ladies. I would guestimate that there might be a few more zoom classes now. TFS