Saturday, September 18, 2021

Beauty

This week I gave my ladies a colour challenge so today I sat down to make my own card for it. Originally I had something completely different planned, but an urge to try out the smooshing technique with SU's inks made me change my mind. Here are the colours:

And here's my card:

I smooshed my background using daffodil delight and calypso coral then added a few splatters of soft suede and some partial stamping in the same colour. My flowers were cut from watercolour card and I scribbled them with SU's markers then gave them a good spritz with water, which achieved that gorgeous watercolour effect I am loving! The thing that took the longest was deciding which colour card to use for my base - I tried a few different ones before being happy with Sahara sand, lol.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Entomology (Tim Holtz)
  • card - blackberry bliss, watercolour, Sahara sand
  • SU inks and markers in the colours shown above
  • dies - Wildflower Stems 2 (Tim Holtz), stitched rectangle (Paper Rose)
  • other - water spritzer, heat tool, craft foam, mini Dimensionals, paint brush, Small Talk sticker (TH)

Pretty sure I'll be doing some more of these techniques again soon!

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

Rob I said...

Very very bright for your smooshing. Very different indeed but the card looks absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to your next brightly smooshed card. TFS