Friday, February 11, 2022

JAI #590 - Just Add Inspiration


It's inspiration photo time at Just Add Ink and how could you resist this pic? So sweet. Succulents are very big in the crafting world at the moment and although I'm really not into them, this made me go 'awwwww' big time!

I took the pot and pink flowers as inspiration for my shabby mixed media card, with some dark green thrown in too. 


For the flower pot I began with inks on heavy watercolour card, then embossed it for added texture. Next I used distress crayons to add what I hope is a mossy, weathered look. I gave it a slight curve and once the flowers were in place, popped in some craft moss for that extra touch of authenticity! I added an antique brass embellishment at the top of my card and used a ribbon slide which echoed the same shape as a frame for my sentiment.

Materials used:
  • stamps - Field Notes (Tim Holtz), Merci Beaucoup (Clearly Besotted)
  • card - watercolour, mossy meadow, Spring Botanic designer paper (Stamperia), Marina designer paper (Mintay)
  • distress crayons - kitsch flamingo, tea dye, rustic wilderness, forest moss, picket fence
  • Tim Holtz dies - Potted, Wildflower Stems 1
  • other - gathered twigs and antique linen distress oxide inks, distressing tool, craft foam, mounting tape, aqua painter, blending brush, Subtle embossing folder (SU), craft moss (Spotlight), Big Shot Switch, hodgepodge hardware embellishments (SU retired), paper piercer

Do pop over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what gorgeous creations my fellow team mates have come up with for you. Of course, as always we'd love you to make your own and take part in the challenge.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry


1 comment:

patsy lake said...

This is gorgeous Kerry! I love the colours and that plant pot looks so real. Old and dirty!!