Wednesday, May 25, 2022

The Card Concept - Red, White and Blue

It's a red, white and blue challenge at The Card Concept this time around. Here's our inspiration pic:


In the US my fellow team mates will shortly be observing Memorial Day, whereas here in Australia we had ANZAC Day last month,  so I used this and the swatch colours as inspiration for my clean and layered card.


Red poppies are a symbol of remembrance for the fallen in many countries around the world and most often worn on Remembrance Day in November, but in New Zealand where I grew up we always wore poppies on ANZAC Day. Here in Australia we usually wear rosemary as it grew wild on the Gallipoli Peninsula where the ANZAC troops landed.

On my background I printed an excerpt from 'For the Fallen' by Laurence Binyon, which is read at ANZAC Day services. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Wild Poppies (MFT)
  • card - night of navy, basic white, orchid oasis
  • Copic markers - R35,46,59; Y15,17; G43,24; YG21,25,93
  • other - Lest We Forget die (Couture Creations), Big Shot, stitched rectangle die, Dimensionals, orchid oasis marker, computer and printer

Do follow the link to The Card Concept blog to view the beautiful samples my team mates have created to inspire you.

Thanks for calling in.

Cheers
Kerry


No comments: