Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Card Concept - Floral Valentine

It's time for another Card Concept challenge and this time around, love is in the air! Floral Valentine is the theme but of course you can take any aspect of the picture as inspiration.


I've made a clean and layered card inspired by the general theme and the colours.


I began by making the envelope, then stamped, stencilled and cut the flowers and leaves. Once I was happy with the arrangement I worked on my background, continuing the love letter theme by using a postage stamp die and stencilling text (and flowers) on to my pink card. I used transparent texture paste so it would add interest but not steal the spotlight from my focal point. Lastly my die-cut sentiment was added - I cut two of each word from pale pink card and glued them together, then used whatever ink was left on my blending brush from doing the flowers and gently sponged the lower half of the letters for an ombre effect. 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Garden Roses (PinkFresh Studios)
  • card - very vanilla, pink pirouette, basic black
  • Altenew inks - frosty pink, coral berry, ruby red, bamboo, parrot
  • dies - Garden Roses die (PFS), Postale envelope die (Tim Holtz), Nesting postage stamps infinity dies (Hero Arts), Love You More Than dies (SU)
  • stencils - Garden Roses stencils (PFS), The Flower Garden (Stamperia)
  • other - MISTI, Big Shot, dimensionals, craft foam, blending brushes, sponge dauber, transparent gloss texture paste (Ranger)
Pop on over to the Card Concept blog to check out what lovely cards my team mates have created to inspire you, and thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

1 comment:

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your beautiful card! Especially impressed by the subtle stencilling on the pink card!