Saturday, August 10, 2024

Cake?

My zany sense of humour has struck again! As soon as I saw the Inquisitive Seagulls stamp set and dies from Waffle Flower, I absolutely fell in love - the humour is sooooooo me, lol! When they arrived in my mailbox yesterday, there was no way I wasn't going to have a play - and, as luck would have it, the challenges at Just Us Girls and Seize the Birthday gave me the perfect opportunity...


Inspiration for this card came from when we used to have chickens and they would flutter up to the window ledge of my daughter's bedroom and peck on the glass, demanding food. If the window happened to be open, they'd just wander right on in, lol. 


I cut four layers of the window frame for depth, adding a sheet of acetate between two layers for 'glass'. Then I cut a background piece of card to size and stencilled the sky/clouds before adding those adorable cake-hungry gulls and some stamping. Too funny! 

Materials used:
  • stamps - Inquisitive Seagulls (Waffle Flower)
  • dies - Inquisitive Seagulls (Waffle Flower), Vista View Window (Spellbinders)
  • other - Big Shot, blending brushes, cloud stencil (My Favorite Things), MISTI

Hope you have some cake in your day! Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers
Kerry

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This gave me a giggle, it's too cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

I love those gulls and the looks on their faces too, Kerry. You took a memory and made it into a fabulous, funny card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Total cuteness! I love those gulls - Thanks for joining in at STB and JUGS

Nancy said...

This is wonderful and so creative! Thrilled to have this darling card in our gallery at Seize the Birthday.

Carol said...

You took the most fun dies of summer 2024 and put them in a different location...staring in the window at a cake fresh out of the oven. I love this card! Thanks so much for playing in our frame challenge this week at Just Us Girls!!

JulieP said...

This is absolutely adorable and I'm all in for it!!! Still chuckling over the chickens coming in through an open window. I love this card so much. Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!