Friday, September 6, 2024

Thinking of You - Just Add Ink challenge #718

It's Friday, which means a brand new Just Add Ink challenge, and this week we've our choose two combo:


As happens often with a choose two, I ended up using all three, lol. I love the many ways you can add texture (both physical and visual) and this is most definitely a favourite with me. 


Working on watercolour card (texture) I blended a mix of green inks. After die cutting the 'shrooms (more texture from the embossed bits) and foliage, they were coloured and everything splattered with both brown paint and white ink (more lovely texture). I love layering dies that have an embossed aspect to them, making them more realistic - what's not to love? Once they were all placed I wrapped linen thread around and lastly added a sentiment strip. 

 
Materials used:
  • distress oxide inks - bundled sage, forest moss, antique linen, gathered twigs
  • distress inks - barn door, lumberjack plaid, aged mahogany, scorched timber, rustic wilderness
  • distress paint - scorched timber
  • other - watercolour card, mushroom dies, Big Shot, blending brushes, water spritzer, linen thread, All Occasions sentiment strips (Paper Rose), Dimensionals, craft foam, Kuratake white ink, fan brush, Country Road Garden Builder die (Spellbinders)

There are more samples to see over on the Just Add Ink blog. I do hope you'll be inspired to play along.

Entering in challenge #255 at Tic Tac Toe, choosing the left vertical row of leaves, ink blending and multiples. 


And also Time Out Challenges #271 where the theme is friendship/encouragement/support. 


Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry

2 comments:

Helen said...

A beautiful card Kerry! I love this great mushroom scene. Your wonderful colouring really brings them to life. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges. I hope you have a good week! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Kerry I love the magical scene you've created with the mushrooms! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge:)