Thursday, October 22, 2009

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute!

OK, now before you look at today's card, I have to say in my own defence that you KNOW what a complete sucker I am for cute little critters! When I saw this image earlier today I tried to resist it - you would be proud of me, I hung out for a whole 10 minutes! I really did! I went and looked at other images too, but I just kept coming back to this one (and others like it!) and it seemed to beckon to me, "buy me! buy me! you know you want to!" And, well, I can resist anything but temptation, so I caved and bought it! It wasn't my fault!!!

So then of course I had to immediately make a card.

And this is a first for me, because this delightfully adorable image (alright, hold your horses, you'll see it in a minute!) is a digi stamp. Talk about instant gratification! Wowser! No having to trundle down to the shops, no having to wait for things to be sent in the mail; you just pays your money and you receive the images. Hoop-la!

I knew instantly that I wanted to use the gorjus snowflake paper from the Ski Slope DSP set and I kept the card simple because I want the stamp to take centre stage. (Which it does. Oh yeah.) I printed it on whisper white and coloured it with watercolour crayons and markers (just in case you're interested in the details!). The rest is self explanatory.

So, here is the card in question. If you don't think it is one of the cutest, most adorable things you've ever seen ... well, check that faulty cute-o-meter!

Created by Kez. Stamps copyright Stampin' Up! and Judi Maddigan

Please ignore the fact that I need photography lessons! BTW, Stampin' Up! have just introduced digital stamping and scrapbooking in the US, so we will see it here eventually; I'm looking forward to that!

Cheers
Kez

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Yes u are a HUGE SUCKER....but a v v talented one!!! The 1st thing I thought of was "Happy Feet" and the heartstrings pinged. Have seen many bloggers use digi-like images...but never been game enough. Just magical.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous,your colouring is brilliant.......love it!!! Where did you get that image? Might have to get it....lol...
xx

Cheryl said...

I just found them......thankyou!!!
xx