- stamps - Supercalifragilistic (Simon Says Stamp)
- card - basic white, Bermuda bay (Stampin' Up)
- distress oxide inks - salvaged patina, twisted citron
- Copic markers - YG01, YG21, YG23, YG25, C0, C2
- other - craft foam, Dimensionals, MISTI, blending brushes, clear translucent glass beads, glue, stencil, water spritzer
Friday, November 24, 2023
Friday, November 17, 2023
For this week's Just Add Ink challenge we've a colour combo for you to play with. Our board uses the names for Stampin' Up ink colours but you're welcome to substitute them with a similar colour from a different brand. You can also use white, vanilla, black and metallics as accents if you wish. No other colours should be used.
This combo brought to mind some designer paper Stampin' Up had a few years back - and which I bought plenty of before it retired, lol - so I dug some out for my card. I love the whitewashed look of this polka dot paper and although petal pink is definitely not one of my favourite colours, decided to feature it with just hints of the much darker calypso coral.
- card - basic white, pool party, calypso coral (Stampin' Up), Bird Ballad DSP (retired SU)
- dies - stitched circle, Soaring Layered Bird (Simon Says Stamp)
- other - Big Shot, craft foam, Dimensionals, blending brush, white baker's twine, mini cloud stencil (My Favorite Things), markers in black and petal pink, pool party ink
Saturday, November 11, 2023
I stumbled across a masculine card I made some time ago and hadn't posted. It uses garage-themed papers and ephemera from Mintay which I knew would go wonderfully with some Tim Holtz hardware and a few metal charms I already had in my stash. Now, I've had these tool charms for literally years and years, so I have no idea of their brand or origin but it's great to finally use them!
- card - early espresso, basic black
- papers - Garage collection (Mintay), Golden Days collection (Mintay)
- dies - corkboard (Paper Rose)
- Tim Holtz ideaology - machinery heads, gauge dials, metal gauge frames, jump rings, brads
- other - gesso, brayer, mini glue dots, craft foam, Dimensionals, Big Shot
Thursday, November 9, 2023
It's time for another inspiration challenge with The Card Concept. Here's this month's board, Fall Leaves:
The challenge is to create a card inspired by any aspect of this photo, whether it's the theme, the colours, one or more of the items in the picture - just any idea that comes to mind. Plus of course we'd love it if you shared your card in our gallery.
- stamps - Christmas Classics (Stampin' Up)
- card - basic black, basic white gold glitter
- dies - Festive Gatherings, Papercut Cafe (Tim Holtz), stitched frame (stash)
- distress inks - twisted citron, mowed lawn, candied apple, picket fence
- other - craft foam, Big Shot, Dimensionals, blending brushes, 1/4" circle punch, Glossy Accents, clear rock candy glitter, gold cord, gold embossing powder, heat tool. Pine Branches 3D embossing folder (Tim Holtz), shaping mat and tool
Friday, November 3, 2023
Welcome to another Just Add Ink challenge and this week we've a sketch for you:
Keep in mind the shapes you use don't have to be squares, nor do they have to be the same shape as each other - as long as you have two images, one larger than the other and set behind, you're golden! You can also rotate or flip the sketch if you wish.
- stamps - Christmas Classics (Stampin' Up)
- card - basic white (SU), kraft, watercolour
- dies - Layered Warbler (Simon Says Stamp), Holiday Greens mini (Tim Holtz), Essential Arches (Spellbinders), stitched rectangle (Poppystamps)
- distress oxide inks/sprays - speckled egg, vintage photo, gathered twigs, antique linen, barn door, candied apple, rustic wilderness, evergreen bough
- other - blending brushes, Big Shot, MISTI, water spritzer, heat tool, fan brush, white gesso, Dimensionals, craft foam
Saturday, October 28, 2023
I honestly thought I was done with Halloween craft, but the perfect storm of new-to-me digi papers, a couple of dies I hadn't used and a spooky challenge conspired to lure me ... last one, I promise! (I think! 😉)
The theme is SPOOKY over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog and here's my entry:
Spencer was cut from watercolour card and coloured with oxide inks before assembling. The big EEK! has a purple cardstock layer under the batty purple paper for depth, and I trimmed the shadow die down between the letters as I wanted the background paper to show through. I went crazy with my sewing machine attaching the bones (might have gotten a bit carried away here) and making a border, leaving the threads for added creepy ambience (pretend they're spider web threads). A couple of stickers, moss and some bats added the perfect final touches.
- card - granny apple green, gorgeous grape, basic black (Stampin' Up), Hocus Pocus Worn papers (Etsy), watercolour
- dies - Spencer colorize, Big Frights (Tim Holtz)
- distress oxide inks - frayed burlap, antique linen, pumice stone, hickory smoke, lost shadow
- other - Curiosities sticker book (Tim Holtz), sewing machine and thread, blending brushes, Dimensionals, craft foam, distressing tool, moss, hickory smoke archival ink, sponge dauber, craft blade, steel ruler
Friday, October 27, 2023
It's an inspiration challenge this week at Just Add Ink!
If you've been here lately you'll know I've been having tons of fun with some Halloween themed cards and more, so it will come as no surprise, I'm sure, that a pumpkin would conjure up more wicked fun in my head!
Cute as a ... well, as a pumpkin, lol.
The layers are coloured with Copics and the spider webs were stamped with white pigment ink. The final touches to Edison were some googly eyes and tendrils of spagnum moss (which dropped dust everywhere, let me tell you! lol)
My daughter and a friend carved some jack o'lanterns over the weekend (she loves Halloween as much as me!) - here's a pic:
- stamps - Tiny Frights, Unravelled (both Tim Holtz)
- card - basic black, basic white, Halloween stripes (Etsy)
- dies - Edison colorize (Tim Holtz)
- Copic markers - YR04,YR07,YR09,YR14,YG25,G99,T10
- other - MISTI, white embossing powder, heat tool, picket fence distress ink, craft foam, Dimensionals, 7mm googly eyes
Saturday, October 21, 2023
I'm loving this week's theme at Inspired By challenges and couldn't resist playing along:
Here's my ghostly inspiration:
As you can see, I'm still loving some bright pink for Halloween! I ink smooshed the background and once it was dry, stamped the candy corn and sweets with oxide ink before white embossing my sentiment. The hats were coloured with markers and my finishing touches were some white gel pen and black stitching. I'm thinking I'm gonna need a second sewing machine for my cards so I can keep it set up and not have to change needles! (Mind you, threading the needle with a different coloured thread each time is a real challenge for my old eyes, so perhaps I need a number of machines, lol - one for each colour!)
- stamps - Tiny Frights (Tim Holtz)
- card - basic black, distress white heavystock, watercolour
- distress inks - kitsch flamingo spray stain, picked raspberry oxide ink and spray, cocktail party mica stain
- other - MISTI, white embossing powder, heat tool, Zig Clean Color brush markers, white gel pen, Dimensionals, craft foam, sewing machine and thread, scissors, embossing buddy
Friday, October 20, 2023
- stamp/stencils/die combo - Songbirds on Branches (Pinkfresh Studio)
- other stamps - Itty Bitty Greetings (Stampin' Up)
- card - basic white, smoky slate
- inks - lost shadow distress ink, hickory smoke archival ink, salvaged patina and twisted citron oxide inks
- other dies - plaid slimline die (Pink and Main)
- other - Big Shot, MISTI, blending brushes, craft foam, Dimensionals, white embossing powder, heat tool, adhesive dew drops (Craft Consortium)
Monday, October 16, 2023
When I saw this week's challenge theme at AAA Cards I was immediately keen to play along.
- stamps - Unravelled, Tiny Frights (both Tim Holtz)
- card - melon mambo, basic black (Stampin' Up), watercolour
- distress inks - dried marigold, carved pumpkin, worn lipstick, picked raspberry, picket fence
- other - white embossing powder, heat tool, MISTI, blending brushes, white gel pen, Edison colorize dies (Tim Holtz), craft foam, Dimensionals, banner punch (retired SU), Quickie glue pen, clear rock candy glitter (Tim Holtz)
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
It's time for another inspiration challenge with The Card Concept. This month's mood board, titled Autumn Chill, has some gorgeous rich colours and evocative images to get those creative juices flowing.
The challenge is to create a card inspired by any aspect of this photo, whether it's the theme, the colours, one or more of the items in the picture - just any idea that comes to mind. Plus of course we'd love it if you shared your card in our gallery. If you post on social media, please tag @thecardconceptchallenges2 and use the hashtag #tcc200.
My card is a simple shabby style in warm colours inspired by pretty much all of the elements in the mood board.
I couldn't go past this image, to me it embodies the spirit of the challenge board so perfectly. I chose copper coloured card to match the hair and die-cut some autumn leaves from ink smooshed card I always keep on hand. They were bent to give them movement and glued in place, while the cable-knit paper and backing card were distressed and offset slightly.
This is so me, I'm not sure I can bear to give it away so it might end up being added to my art journal for my own personal enjoyment.
- card - copper clay, basic black, basic white (Stampin' Up), boho knit pattern paper (Etsy), watercolour
- dies - Fall Foliage (Tim Holtz)
- other - distressing tool, Sidekick, sponge dauber, copper clay ink, craft foam, digital image (Image Credit: R.W.K. Clark), various distress oxide inks
Friday, October 6, 2023
- stamps - Damask (Tim Holtz)
- card - black mixed media heavyweight
- dies - Village Collection, Graveyard colorize (both Tim Holtz)
- distress paints - black soot, pumice stone, hickory smoke
- other - Big Shot, hot glue gun, distress grit paste opaque, distress grit paste crypt, rustic wilderness oxide reinker, spatula, white gel pen, artificial leaves and jack o'lantern (Temu), square vignette box (Tim Holtz), glossy accents, tiny lights clear (Tim Holtz), black embossing powder, heat tool, Sidekick, collage medium opaque
Thursday, October 5, 2023
Over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge their theme this week is Stencil Fun, plus they're showcasing PinkFresh Studios. As luck would have it, I have some PinkFresh stencils I haven't used in a while, although it's not mandatory to use their products.
I pulled out the beautiful Songbirds on Branches collection - stamp, stencils and die - and was in the mood for some autumn colours. Yes, I know it's actually spring here, but seriously, with the weather we're having this week it might as well be autumn again!
I stamped in copper ink and clear embossed before using oxide inks with my stencils. Once dry and die-cut, it was a matter of moving the bits around until I was happy with the arrangement. I did some dry embossing on the background for a bit of added interest and die-cut a sentiment in copper foil and vellum.
- stamp/stencil/die - Songbirds on Branches (PinkFresh Studios)
- card - copper clay, very vanilla, copper foil, vellum (Stampin' Up), watercolour
- distress oxide inks - fired brick, spiced marmalade, aged mahogany, dried marigold, fossilized amber, rusty hinge
- other - Scripty embossing folder (SU), Big Shot, MISTI, blending brushes, Dimensionals, foam strips, double stitched rectangle die, Congrats shadow die
I combined two challenges for today's card
- stamps - Mermaid Kisses (Sugar Pea Designs)
- card - watercolour, soft sky, vellum
- distress oxide inks - tumbled glass, chipped sapphire, saltwater taffy, abandoned coral
- other - Big Shot, 1 3/4" circle punch, Picture Book Seahorse die (Simon Says Stamp), clear embossing powder, heat tool, water spritzer, blending brush, MISTI, rhinestone, B24 Copic marker, Dimensionals, craft foam, sponge dauber
Monday, October 2, 2023
Once again the challenge at AAA Cards caught my eye:
I mean, come on! Ink blending? Yeah, baby! In what universe was I ever going to turn that away? 😂😉
- card - kraft, basic black, watercolour
- distress oxide inks - picket fence, carved pumpkin, mustard seed
- Tim Holtz dies - Mischevious, Bold Text Halloween
- other - blending brushes, Big Shot, craft foam, Ranger white pigment ink